- Organic dried figs - 15
- Organic raw unpasteurized honey - 3 Tbs
- Organic non-homogenized organic whole milk - 2 Cups
- Organic arrowroot powder -1 Tbs
- Make sure you have the ice cream maker bowl in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Soak dried figs in 1/2 cup of milk.
- Mix arrowroot powder in 1/4 cup of milk without any lumps. Add the remaining milk and mix well.
- In sauce pan on medium heat, cook the arrowroot milk mixture, stirring constantly till the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from flame and let it cool down.
- Blend the soaked figs along with soaking milk and honey to get desired consistency. Some smalls bites of fig remaining would be nice.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the arrowroot mixture, mix well. Keep this refrigerated for a couple of hours or till nicely chilled.
- Add the mixture to ice cream maker bowl and run it for 20 minutes or as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve immediately for a soft serve ice cream. For a scoop-able version, keep frozen for a couple of hours.
- Scoop and serve. This makes about 3 cups of ice cream. Enjoy !!
Hearth and Soul Blog Hop@Zesty South Indian Kitchen