We are all used to oats porridge as a breakfast, but how about a variation which is dry and more like a stovetop soft granola. This is more like how we prepare poha(or aval) in Indian homes.
- Oats - 2 cup (old fashioned)
- Walnuts/Almonds - 1/2 cup
- Dates chopped - 3-4
- Organic milk - 1/2 - 3/4 cup
- Bananas/ripe plantains/Apples - 1 chopped (optional)
- Dry roast oats and walnuts together on medium heat, when nice aroma comes out add chopped dates and add milk.
- Remove from flame and keep covered for 10 -15 minutes.
- Serve warm as is or with bananas. My husband and son loves this mixed with chopped bananas or ripe plantains.