September 4, 2012

Quick'n'Easy Squash Soup

I have always made hot soup splash all over my kitchen because I never have the patience to wait till the soup cools down before pureeing it. All this until I got my VitaMix which will work like a charm for anything from boiling hot soups to frozen desserts. My kitchen is cleaner, my trash weighs less and we are all eating more wholesome thanks to VitaMix. This soup is an adaptation of a VitaMix recipe.

Acorn squash skinned and cubed - 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 medium
Red/Yellow pepper - 1 medium
Bay leaf - 1
Water - 2 cups
Green squash/Zucchini/Summer Squash - 1/2 medium
Coconut oil - 1 Tbsn
Low fat milk or coconut milk - 1/2 cup
Black pepper - 1tspn
Salt - as per taste
Juice from 1/2 lemon

Add acorn squash, onion, pepper and bay leaf along with salt and water to a deep saucepan or pressure cooker and give a quick boil.
Remove the bay leaf and add the boiled mixture along with other ingredients in the order listed into the VitaMix and start with speed 1 and low. Go to 10 and high. Blend till soup seems silky smooth for about 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!!