October 26, 2012

Raw Almond Chia Fudge Bars

My son had been asking for the fudge bar I had made for him a few months back which I made from a raw food recipe. I could not track that recipe now, but I knew it was quite simple. So figured I can just give it a try right away. He just had a piece and gave the thumps up !! Yes !!, and took one more piece :-)


Almonds - 1 cup (soaked in water for 3-4 hours)
Medjool dates - 8 (pitted)
Chia seeds - 2 T
Raw Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Virgin coconut oil - 1 T
Sea Salt - a pinch






Using a food processor or blender, process almonds and chia seeds to a coarse powder.
Add dates, cocoa power and salt and blend them well. 
Grease a glass shallow dish with little bit of coconut oil.
Mix in the remaining the coconut oil into the fudge mix and press it into the glass dish.




You can cut them into bars immediately or refrigerate for couple of hours before cutting them.