December 9, 2012

Grilled Eggplant Sandwich on Rosemary Flatbread

Today I had made something new for breakfast and Akku didn't really enjoy it. Lunch, I have to admit was not so great for both of us, but he tried to cheer me up saying the sauce is not so bad :-)
For dinner, I decided that I have to make something that he really enjoys. I thought of making Pizza initially, but then I thought I will make eggplant sandwich. Eventually, I decided to combine them all together. No doubt, Akku enjoyed every bite of his sandwich !!'

Rosemary Flatbread:

Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Organic cane sugar - 1 1/2 tspn
Sea salt - 1/2 tspn
Dried rosemary - 1 tspn.
Virgin coconut oil - 1 1/2 tspn
Water - 1/3 cup and 4 tspn
Yeast - 1/3 tsp

Knead everything together to make pizza dough consistency. Keep aside for about 45 minutes to rise. (I used my bread machine with dough setting). 
Divide the dough into 4 balls. Roll them into 4 inch circles. You could sprinkle more rosemary while rolling. 
Heat a griddle and make Flatbreads. (Just like making rotis) 





Grilled Eggplant:

1 medium Eggplant
Sea Salt, Red chilly powder - as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tspn
Dried basil - 1 Tbsn

Make 4 big slices from the eggplant for the sandwich and slice the remaining into big chunks (these are for the spread) 
Mix all the spices and apply on the eggplant slices and grill them. I also stuck some garlic cloves to the eggplant slices while grilling.


Eggplant-Basil Spread:

Grilled Eggplant 
Handful of fresh basil leaves

Grind them together into a chunky spread.  Spread it on inside of the flatbreads and make sandwiches. Press in the grill to make hot panini sandwiches




No comments:

Post a Comment