- Multi-grains - 1/2 cup
- Cauliflower - 1/4 of a medium head -chopped fine
- Celery - 4-5 stems - chopped fine
- Onion - 1 small - chopped fine
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves - minced
- Oregano - 1 tspn
- Cashew nuts - handful
- Sea salt - as per taste
- Black pepper corns - 1 tspn
- EV olive oil - 1 tbsn
- Cook multi-grains with 1 cup of water (I use pressure cooker)
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil a deep pan, add onion, garlic and oregano and sauté for a minute.
- Add cauliflower and celery and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Leave about a cup of veggies in the pan.
- Transfer the rest to the VitaMix jar along with 1 1/2 - 2 cups of water, cashew nuts, black pepper and blend at high speed for 3-4 minutes to purée well.
- Add the pureed soup back to the pan, add the cooked multi-grains and mix everything well. Adjust taste as you wish.
- Serve warm.