Goji berry is a bright orange-red berry that comes from a shrub that's native to China. In Asia, goji berries have been eaten for generations in the hopes of living longer. Over time, people have used goji berries to treat many common health problems like diabetes, high blood pressure, fever, and age-related eye problems. Goji berries are eaten raw, cooked, or dried (like raisins) and are used in herbal teas, juices, wines, and medicines. Read more >>
Figs originated in Arabia and grow best in areas with hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters. Although considered a fruit, the fig is actually an inverted flower, and the seeds are the fruit, according to the California Fig Advisory Board. Flower or fruit, the nutrient-rich dried fig can help you meet some of your essential nutrient needs, making it a healthy addition to your diet. Read more>>
Here's a wholesome and yummy breakfast spread with Goji berries, Figs, Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and Dates:
- Pumpkin seeds - 1/4 cup
- Dried Goji Berries - 1/4 cup
- Sunflower seeds - 1/4 cup
- Medjool Dates - 3 Dried
- Calimyrna Figs - 4-5
- Raw cocoa powder - 1 Tbsn (Optional)
- Soak the goji berries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and dates for about 3 hours.
- Drain and add everything to blender jar, add chopped figs and cocoa powder (if using).
- Start pulsing at low speed, gradually increasing to grind everything to a chunky but spreadable consistency.
- Keep refrigerated till ready to use. Use within couple of days.
- Serves - 5-6