Now for the Thai inspired curry here is the recipe. This list of ingredients and steps might give a feel that it might take a long time to make this. With a little bit of planning of your tasks you can do this efficiently in 30 minutes :)
- Shredded coconut* - 2 Tbs.
- Fresh ginger - 1/2 inch
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Corinader seeds - 1 Tbs.
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 -2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon grass - 2 Peels from a stem
- Lemon juice - from 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt - as per taste
- Grind everything to a fine paste adding just enough water (about 1/2 cup) to aid the grinding.
To make coconut milk:
- Shredded coconut - 6 Tbs.
- Water - 1 1/2 - 2 cups
- Grind everything into very fine smooth coconut milk. Vitamix makes it so fine that you don't really need to strain it.
For the curry:
- Fish - 1 lb - I use Branzini or any similar wild caught fish
- Snow peas - 10- 15
- Carrot - 1 medium
- Green peas - 1/2 cup
- Shitake mushrooms - 1/2 cup
- Ginger - 1/2 inch
- Virgin Coconut oil - 1 tbsn
- Clean and cut fish into 1/2 inch steaks - Wholefoods does this part for me :)
- Marinate the fish with the paste prepared above and keep aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Wash and cut vegetables into thin strips or slices.
- Juliene ginger.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add the ginger julienes and saute for a minute.
- Add the marinated fish steaks and cook each side for a minute or so. Remove and keep aside.
- To the same pan, add the vegetables, remaining marinade paste and saute for a minute or so.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to quick boil. Simmer on medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Add more salt if needed.
- Just before removing from flame add fish back in and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with brown rice.