Herbed Pizza Crust:
- Whole wheat flour 1 1/4 cups
- Bread flour - 1/4 cup
- Luke warm water - 1/2 cup and 2 Tbs.
- Active dry yeast - 1/2 tsp.
- Raw sugar - 2 tsp.
- Oregano - 1 tsp.
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Mix everything well to make the dough and knead well for 10-15. Use a kitchen gadget (I use my bread machine with dough setting) or use your hands to knead. Keep aside in a warm place for 30-45 minutes to rise.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts and roll into crusts of about 7-8 inches. Keep aside till you prepare toppings and the purée.
White Bean Purée:
- Cannellini beans - 1/2 cup (soaked for 6 hours and pressure cooked)
- EV olive oil - 2 Tbs.
- Lemon juice 1 Tbs.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Dried parsley - 1 tsp.
- Sea salt as per taste
- Green chillies - 1-2
- Grind everything to a fine purée adding few tablespoons of water.
EV olive oil for drizzling
Onion - 1 large (thinly sliced)
Roma tomatoes - 2 (make thin round slices)
Kale - 1 cup (chopped)
Olives - 1/2 cup (Chopped)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbs. EV olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions until soft and lightly caramelized, about 20 to 30 minutes. Season with sea salt.
- Preheat oven at 420 degrees.
- Place the crusts on baking sheets and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Take out and spread a layer of the Garlic White Bean Purée evenly over the baked crust. On top of the purée arrange caramelized onion and remaining toppings and drizzle olive oil. Bake for 5 more minutes or until the crust is slightly browned or golden. Let cool, slice and serve.