Chickpea Spinach Salad:
- Chickpea - 3/4 cup (soaked overnight)
- Spinach - 2 cups
- Artichoke hearts - 1 cup (I used frozen thawed - but fresh is recommended)
- Tomato - 1
- Red onion - 1
- Green chilly - 1
- Cilantro - 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Boil chickpea with 1/2 cup of water for 4-5 minutes - I just wanted it lightly cooked.
- Chop onion and green chilly and saute in a teaspoon of coconut oil till the raw smell of onion goes aways. (I love onion, but cannot handle raw onions :-)
- Chop Spinach, tomato and cilantro.
- Toss everything together - serve with dressing.
Chia Seed Honey Mustard Dressing:
This one is from a fellow blogger (Eat the Rainbow). I did not change much from her recipe, just that I used lemon juice and skipped apple cider vinger.
- Chia seeds - 2 Tbs.
- EV Olive oil - 2 Tbs.
- Lemon juice - from a large lemon
- Medjool Dates - 2
- Organic honey - 1 Tbs.
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp.
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Filtered water - 1/2 cup
- Blend everything in Vitamix at high speed for 1-2 minutes or till you get a creamy dressing.