May 2, 2013

Raw Yam-Noodles with Tomato-Basil Pesto

We have been into raw eating for about a year now, I would say 50% of what we eat is raw, and rest semi cooked to cooked. I have been thinking about trying a complete raw entree for quite a while. Quite a lot of raw food bloggers talk about raw noodles/pasta with yam, zucchini, carrots, etc. I was a little skeptical about how well raw yam noodles would taste, but as always my husband encouraged me to give it a try. So here's my first ever completely raw entrée, it tasted awesome. So just ordered my spiral slicer today and am waiting for the delivery. Be assured that i will be trying other such raw entrées more often now :)


For Noodles:
  • Garnet Yam - 1
  • EV Olive oil - 1 Tbsn.
  • Lemon - 2 Tbsn.
Tomato Basil Pesto
  • Tomato -1
  • Basil - 1 /2 cup
  • Spinach - 1/2 cup
  • Almonds - Handful
  • EV Olive oil - 1 Tbsn.
  • Sea salt - as per taste
  • Green Chilly  - 2-3
  • To make noodles - peel and slice the yam really thin - I just used a really sharp knife with some patience, but a spiral slicer would work the best. Toss with olive oil and lemon juice and keep aside for an hour or so if you have time.
  • To make pesto - blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender till nice and creamy.
  • Toss the noodles with the pesto and enjoy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment