For the peanut-coconut layer:
- Raw organic valencia peanuts - 1 cup
- Organic shredded dried coconut - 1 cup
- Medjool Dates - 4
- Himalayan salt - a pinch
- Add peanuts and half of the coconut a into a dry blender or food processor and process till everything powdered, add dates and continue processing till everything binds together like a 'dough.
- It will take less than a minute in a blender. Food processor might take a little longer.
- Transfer the 'dough' to a bowl and add the remaining coconut and mix well.
- Put the dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll into a big rectangle of about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut the rectangle into 2 halves and keep aside.
For the chocolate layer:
- Raw organic cacao butter - 1/4 cup *
- Raw organic cacao powder - 1/4 cup
- Medjool dates - 4
- Process everything in a blender or food processor to make your chocolate. (You will have stop and scrape the sides every few seconds to help the blender run with the dry and sticky ingredients).
- Take out the chocolate and spread over one half of the peanut-coconut sheet. Try to spread as evenly as possible and put the second peanut-coconut sheet on top. Slightly press from all sides. You can keep it refrigerated for about 30 minutes to make it extra firm.
- Cut into 1 inch squares and enjoy !!
1. Cocoa butter comes in blocks, I shaved them to small slices and used it.
2. You can substitute virgin coconut oil instead of cocoa butter, might want to adjust quantity a little bit.
Sharing this on Alive & Thrive Thursday