Guess what we got from Guy's Eco-Garden this weekend? My first bunch of organic Lavender. I was so excited on getting it, what a pleasant fragrance it had. When we visited the farm a few weeks ago, the lavender was still on the fields and they looked so good on the field. Guy had told us those were edible and that we would be getting them for sale in a few weeks time.
The lady from the farm suggested that I could make lavender cookies and I looked around on the web for other ideas too. There are a lot of cheesecakes, cakes and cookies in both vegan and diary versions. I wanted to pair it with something I was comfortable with and that is how this idea of bringing together the Asian and European flavors came to my mind. The result was a very flavorful, tasty and aromatic ice-cream that is pleasing to the eye, nose and tongue. This is a light ice-cream which could be enjoyed on a summer day :-).
- Homemade coconut milk- 2 cups
- Fresh/Dry organic lavender flowers - 2 Tbs.
- Organic banana - 1
- Raw honey - 2 Tbs.
- Add everything to high speed blender and puree till nice and smooth.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and keep in the freezer for 3-4 hours. It should be frozen half way thru.
- Take out from freezer and add everything back to the blender and process in low speed for 30-40 seconds or till creamy.
- Keep it back in the freezer for another 3-4 hours. It will be about 3/4th frozen.
- Take out from freezer and add everything back to the blender and process again in low speed for 30-40 seconds or till creamy.
- Keep it back in the freezer for another 3-4 hours or till frozen completely.
- Scoop out into ice cream cups and serve. Enjoy !
Allergy Free Wednesday
Healthy Vegan Friday