I am sure most of you have tried the Nutella spread and it might even be your favorite breakfast spread. I grew up in a middle class family in India and Nutella was something you have seen at houses of more affluent friends and relatives. After we came to US, we saw that it was everywhere and places like Costco has big jars for very affordable prices. So there was a time when we always had it as stock and used it daily on anything we could get our hands to. Then as we started changing our diet to a healthier, natural and responsible approach to food, the ingredients inside the Nutella jar was no longer acceptable on our table. We loved its taste and so figured that I should try it with the basic whole ingredients because with raw cacao, raw hazelnuts and unrefined sugar you cannot go wrong by much. It worked out really well and we are back enjoying the ‘New’tella.
- Raw hazelnuts - 1 1/2 cups
- Raw cacao powder - 1/4 cup
- Raw coconut palm sugar - 2 Tbs
- Milk (dairy or non-dairy) - few tablespoons.
- Add everything except milk into vitamix jar and quickly turn to high speed and blend frequently tampering everything down.
- Aim is to finely grind the mixture taking less than a minute, since you do not want everything to heat up.
- Transfer everything to a bowl, add milk one tablespoon at a time to mix and make a smooth spreadable consistency. I used about 3.
Sharing this on