G-zen is the latest restaurant that we tried out. It is rated as the best organic, vegan restaurant in CT. Though that was the reason to check it out, we would go back there anytime for their awesome menu made with wholesome, pure, organic ingredients. This one is inspired from G-Zen's buddha brunch menu. It is basically a smoothie, made with pure acai puree, nuts and coconut water and served in a bowl with your choice of toppings.
- 1 pack of pure acai puree
- Water from a tender coconut
- Meat from a tender coconut
- 1/2 cup of organic raw nuts (I used a mix of cashews and almonds)
- 4 Tbs organic chia seeds
- 1 frozen organic banana
- 1/2 cup pitted organic cherries (or use other berries)
- Soak nuts in 1/2 cup of coconut water overnight.
- Soak chia seeds in remaining coconut water overnight.
- Add soaked nuts along with soaking liquid to a high speed blender jar. Add frozen banana slices, cherries, tender coconut meat and acai puree. Blend till smooth and creamy. Add extra water if needed.
- Add soaked chia along with soaking liquid and mix well.
- Serve into bowls, add optional toppings (bananas, homemade granola, dried berries, coconut etc.)
Sharing this on:
Raw Food Thursday
Smoothie OTW @Omnomally