January 12, 2014

Akku's "Very Berry" Dessert Smoothie


Today, I am guest posting for my mom..

My parents usually do all the work for making me food, so I thought it would be a nice change to make a smoothie of my own. In the past, when making food or drinks, I have either gotten help or have used a recipe from somewhere else. One of the easiest things to make is a smoothie, especially when you have a high-speed blender. Of these, a fruit dessert smoothie, is one that can't really go wrong. Anyway, here it is:





Ingredients
1 over-ripe banana
4-6 frozen strawberries
1 handful of frozen blueberries
1 handful of frozen cherries
1 handful of frozen raspberries
3 tbsp yogurt
handful of raisins* (optional, depends on how sweet you want it to be)


Directions:
Put all ingredients into Vitamix and blend on high for about a minute. If you do not have a high-speed blender, you might have to blend for more than a minute. Keep blending till you get the consistency you want for the smoothie. (The consistency can be anywhere from the consistency of ice cream to the consistency of a regular smoothie). Decorate anyway you like. 

* Note: raisins can be substituted with 1 date, or 2 tbsp honey


No comments:

Post a Comment