These energy bites are filled with good fat from nuts & coconuts, omega-3's, fiber & calcium from chia seeds, and good protein from hemp seeds. This is good as an on-the-run breakfast, mid day snack, or pre-workout energy bites. This is almost raw with slightly toasted nuts (for the nut butter) and all other ingredients raw. It is also gluten-free since I used beaten rice and is sweetened with a little bit of raw honey. As always try to use as much organic ingredients as possible.
- 3/4 cup Homemade hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup Virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Raw honey
- 1 1/2 cups Beaten red rice (Poha/Aval/Flattened rice)
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Flax seeds
- 1/2 cup Hemp
- 1/2 cup Coconut shredded
- Grind flax seeds using a coffe/spice grinder
- Coarsely grind beaten rice using food processor/dry blender
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Melt honey and coconut oil over warm water
- Mix wet ingredients together
- Add wet to dry and mix well.
- Press into a 4X6 shallow glass dish lined with parchment paper.
- Keep refrigerated for 2-3 hours and cut into 1 inch squares.
- I had about 3/4 cup of the mix remaining, which I use as a topping for my breakfast smoothies or just on plain yogurt.