Steamed Yam Noodles:
- Yam/Sweet potato - 1 large
- Peel and slice using a Spirooli slicer. Steam till just tender for about 5-6 minutes.
- Also steam some veggies to go with the noodles.( I used 1 cup of cauliflower florets and 2 cups of baby spinach)
Roasted Pepper Sauce:
- Red/Orange bell pepper - 2
- Tomato on the vine - 1
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Green chilly - 3-4
- EV olive oil - 3 Tbs
- Sea salt - as per taste
- Nutritional yeast - 1/4 cup (Optional)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and roast garlic, pepper slices and tomato quarters. Let them cool down a little bit.
- Transfer to a blender jar. Add green chillies, remaining olive oil and salt and puree till creamy.
- If using nutritional yeast, add it now and blend till it is mixed well with the sauce.
- Serve warm with the steamed yam noodles and steamed veggies.
- Enjoy !