- Chickpea - 3/4 cup (soaked overnight)
- Yellow onion - 1 (chopped)
- Veggies - 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomatoes - 2 small
- Sea salt - as per taste
- Ginger - 2 Tbs (chopped)
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
- Homemade nut butter - 1/4 cup
- Red Chilly - 2 (or more)
- Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - from a large lemon
- Baby spinach - 1 cup
- Fresh basil leaves - 1/2 cup
- Drain the chickpeas and cook them with 2 cups of water.
- Grind all ingredients under 'To Grind' along with a cup of water to a fine paste. Add one more cup of water to thin it and make it to a coconut milk consistency. So now you have a spicy nut-coconut milk ready to go as the soup base.
- Add cooked chickpeas along with cooking water, chopped onion, tomatoes, veggies and salt to the soup pot (a big enough sauce pan) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till veggies are 3/4th done. Add the nut-coconut milk and continue simmering for about 10-15 minutes on low-medium heat till all flavors mix well and you have the required consistency.
- Just before serving add the spinach and basil leaves and warm the soup till the leaves are just wilted.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Sharing on: Healthy Vegan Friday