Now for the coconut Barfi:
- Dried shredded coconut - 1 cup
- Organic coconut palm sugar - 1/3 cup
- Filtered water - 2 Tbs
- Cardamom - 3-4 (peeled and powdered)
- Mix the sugar and water and start cooking in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Once sugar has completely melted and the liquid is of slightly syrup consistency (in a couple of minutes) add the coconut and cardamom powder.
- Continue cooking on low-medium heat stirring continuously. After about 4-5 minutes, you will see that everything sort of start to come together and is separating from the sauce pan.
- You can remove from flame and keep stirring for 3-4 minutes more so that it does not stick to the pan.
- There are multiple ways in which you can serve this.
- Grease a shallow tray with coconut oil (or ghee) and spread the mix and press evenly. Keep aside for 20-30 minutes and cut into desired shapes and sizes.
- Press them into ice molds or chocolate molds and pop them out after 20-30 minutes.
- Just roll them into balls and keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
Once you remove from flame, add 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder for a cacao flavored coconut barfi.