February 17, 2014

Raspberry Filled White Chocolate Coconut Truffles

Looks like I have inspired my Valentine enough that he decided to surprise me with some wonderful raspberry filled white chocolate coconut truffles ♥♥♥ 

Here is his post and recipe...



I've always been a big foodie right from a young age, in fact was a glutton :-). Loved being near the kitchen, but never had the opportunity to cook as I was fortunate to have lived with great cooks, starting with my mom who was a wonderful cook, and then of course with my wife who took that to a different level. I have cooked while I was alone for short periods, but cooking for good cooks can be very challenging and I have not taken up the challenge unless really required. Usually B-Days and V-Days are days when I give her a break and take her out for a dinner or buy meaningful gifts (like a Vitamix :-)). This time for V-Day I thought of venturing into the kitchen to make an interesting dessert with white chocolate that I figured she'd like, and I know that my son likes white chocolate for sure, the same goes for me too. Besides, we are all big coconut fans. White chocolate goes well with coconut, and the raspberry filling gives the red color for the v-day association. The ingredients are wholesome and pure, and so was the intent, the results came out well too :-). No plans to venture into the kitchen anytime soon, except for the daily green juices and the occasional smoothies...


For the filling:

  • Raspberry - 1 cup (I used organic frozen)
  • Coconut water -1/2 cup 
  • Raw honey - 1/2 Tbs
  • Dried shredded coconut - 1/2 cup 

  • Add raspberries, coconut water and honey to a blender and make a smooth puree/sauce.
  • Take about 1/4 cup of this sauce and mix with the dried coconut. (you can reserve the remaining puree as a pancake syrup or use it to make a raspberry lassi maybe? ) 
  • Transfer the sauce to a bowl and add coconut and mix well and check the consistency.
  • Add more coconut if you need to make it into a binding consistency.
  • Make tiny balls out  of this filling. 
  • Keep refrigerated while you prepare the truffle mix.


White Chocolate Coconut Truffles:

  • Raw cacao butter - 1/4 cup (shavings)
  • Dried shredded coconut - 1 cup
  • Raw honey - 2 Tbs
  • Coconut Oil (Virgin cold pressed) - 1 Tbs

  • Melt cacao butter over warm water. 
  • Add coconut, honey, coconut oil and melted cacao butter to a bowl and mix everything well
  • Check if everything hold together as rough dough.
  • You can add some more coconut oil for more binding.
  • Take a little of the cacao-coconut mix on one hand, keep a raspberry ball and cover with some more of the mix and try to roll nicely using your palms. It can get tricky, but then you are not making this for a pastry shop, you are just trying to impress your valentine, so this should be good enough ;-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment