February 22, 2014

Raw Pad Thai Sauce

I am revisiting my sauce from Raw Pad Thai Salad. This sauce is made with almonds and coconut and flavored with lemon grass. I wanted to use hemp as a topping for my pad thai, so the sauce is made lighter compared to my older version.


Ingredients:
  • Raw almonds - a big handful
  • Shredded coconut - 2 Tbs
  • Lemon grass  -1 stalk 
  • Tamarind - 1 Tbs (tamarind seeds removed, not extract) 
  • Dates - 1-2 
  • Green chilly - 1-2 
  • Garlic  - 1-2 cloves
  • Ginger - 1 Tbs (chopped)
  • Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbs 
  • Pink Himalayan salt - as per taste
Directions:
  • Soak almonds, tamarind and dates overnight or for a few hours. 
  • When ready to make the sauce, add the soaked ingredients to a blender jar. Add coconut, chopped garlic, ginger, lemon grass cut into big chunks, apple cider vinegar and salt.
  • Blend till nice and creamy.
  • Add to your noodles.
  • For a grain free, egg free and soy free version of Pad Thai as shown in the picture, I used steamed yam noodles along with some raw carrot noodles. I served it on steamed collard leaves and topped with raw hemp hearts, chopped almonds and chopped fresh cilantro. 
  • Serves 2.



Sharing with:
Raw Food Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, yum. I've been all about the sauces lately. Can't wait to make this one. And great idea to use yam noodles! I must try that too!

    ReplyDelete