After trying out their customized vegetarian pho, we are kind of hooked on to the idea of drinking a bowl of warm noodle soup for a weekday dinner. I mostly make it with freshly sliced yam noodles, but sometimes make it with organic soba noodles or udon noodles as well. I certainly do not try to recreate the Mecha recipe, but make my own version with simple ingredients. To top it, I make homemade Sriracha sauce to pep it up :-)
- Noodles - 2 yams sliced using spirooli slicer *
- Homemade made vegetable broth - 3 cups
- Sliced vegetables - 1 cup
- Red pearl onion - 10 (chopped fine)
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves (crushed)
- Fresh ginger root - 1 inch piece (grated)
- Fresh basil leaves - a bunch
- Sea salt - as per taste
- Homemade coconut milk - 1 cup
- Start boiling the yam noodles in broth. Please note that yam noodles will cook in no time, have all other ingredients ready before you start boiling the noodles .
- When the noodles is cooked half way thru start adding other ingredients. Sliced veggies, sliced pearl onion, crushed garlic, fresh grated ginger and basil leaves in that order.
- Once they are almost done well add salt and coconut milk and simmer till everything is done well.
- Serve warm with homemade Sriracha sauce.
- Optionally top with sliced avocados. Enjoy!!
Quick Homemade Sriracha sauce:
- Red chilly powder -1 1/2 tsp
- Paprika -1 1/2 tsp
- Garlic clove - 1 (finely grated)
- Unpasteurized Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbs
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 2 Tbs
- Cold pressed sesame oil - 1 Tbs
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Whisk everything together in a small bowl (or if you are making a bigger batch you can use a blender)
- Serve with the soup. Enjoy!!
Sharing this on:
Plant-Based Potluck Party @UrbanNaturale