This is a quick'n'healthy snack to munch on while you watch a favorite TV show or a movie, and is a good ToGo snack as well. This is a gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free and is a 100% plant based snack. Make this in big batches and store in air tight containers for a healthy after school snack for your kids or for you to take to work.
- Chickpeas - 1 cup (soaked for 24 hours)
- Coconut oil - 1 Tbs
- Sea salt - 1 tsp
- Masala powder - 1 batch (recipe below)
- Drain the soaked chickpeas and spread them in a clean kitchen towel for 15-20 minutes to dry them.
- Switch on the toaster oven at 350 degrees.
- Spread the chickpeas on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out add coconut oil, stir to coat well.
- Put back in the oven and continue baking for 30 minutes.
- Take out again and mix in the masala powder and salt and continue baking for 5-10 minutes more.
- Take out and transfer to a platter and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- This can be stored in air tight containers after cooling completely.
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilly - 2-3
- Carom seeds (ajwain) - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Dried mango powder (amchur) - 1 tsp
- Powder coriander, carom seeds, cumin seeds and red chilly together using coffee grinder to a fine powder.
- Add turmeric powder and mango powder and mix well.
This recipe is adapted from: