Here is another quick'n'healthy homemade crackers recipe. Made with simple and wholesome ingredients and no sugar or sweeteners added unlike store bought crackers. Serve it as a tea time snack or as soup cracker.
- Rolled oats - 2/3rd cup
- Spelt flour - about 1/3rd cup
- Flax seeds - 2 Tbs
- Black pepper - 1 Tbs
- Oregano - 2 tsp
- Homemade coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- EV Olive oil - 2 Tbs.
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Powder oats and black pepper using a dry blender or coffee grinder. It should be around 2/3rd cup of flour. Add spelt flour enough to make a total of 1 cup.
- In a bowl, add the flours, oregano, baking soda, salt and flax seeds. Whisk them well.
- Make a well in the middle and add olive oil and coconut milk, mix well. No need to knead, just try to form a stiff dough. Add a bit more coconut milk if needed.
- You can keep the dough refrigerated and make crackers later or you make crackers immediately as well.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. Roll each into a thin sheet (about 1/8' thick).
- Cut each sheet into 1-1/2' squares. Transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick them with a fork.
- Bake at 350 deg toaster oven for about 15 minutes or till slightly golden. Set aside to let cool completely before serving. Store cooled crackers in an airtight container for up to a week.