For The Cake:
- Organic unbleached all purpose flour - 1 cup
- Sea salt -1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 3/4 tsp.
- Organic raw cacao powder -1/3 cup
- Virgin coconut oil - 7 Tbs (melted to room temperature)
- Pure vanilla essense- 1/2 tsp
- Organic whole milk - 2/3 cup
- Unpasteurized organic apple cider vinegar - 2 tsp
- Free range organic egg -1
- Organic coconut palm sugar - 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven @ 350 F
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and cacao into a bowl and mix well.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix milk, vanilla & apple cider vinegar. Let stand for 5 min.
- Mix the milk mixture with the flour-oil mixture.
- Beat egg in a bowl add sugar and mix well.
- Add egg mixture to the batter and combine everything well.
- Line 15 cupcake molds with paper liners.
- Pour about 2 Tbs of batter into each - fill about bottom third of the molds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool completely on wire racks.
For the creamy chocolate frosting:
- Raw organic cacao paste - 1/3 cup (shavings)
- Organic dates - 6-8
- Organic whole milk - 1/3rd cup
- Raw honey - 2-3 Tbs
- Virgin coconut oil - 2 Tbs
- Pink himalayan salt - a pinch
- Warm the milk and soak the dates for 30 minutes to soften.
- Blend the dates along with the soaking milk, honey and coconut oil till nice and creamy. Add cacao shavings and blend till cacao is melted and the mixture is creamy. Don't over mix.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with a heaping tablespoon of the creamy chocolate. Optionally sprinkle shredded coconut on top. Set aside to set.
This is shared at:
The cake recipe is adapted from: