Here is a recipe for a basic soup cracker that I have adapted from a wholefoods market recipe. Crackers are probably the easiest thing to make at home with few basic ingredients. Once you start making them at home, you would never want to buy them from store with those endless list of ingredients. This is a basic recipe, you will be able to add other spices/flavors to it. You can also replace the whole wheat flour with more spelt flour, or rye flour. I have successfully tried both.
- Organic wholewheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Organic sprouted spelt flour - 1/2 cup
- Homemade coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- EV Olive oil - 2 Tbs.
- Dried herbs - 1 tsp (parsley, rosemary, oregano)
- Freshly ground pepper - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together just till combined to form a dough. Do NOT knead like bread dough.
- Roll out the dough into a large sheet of about 1/8' thickness. Cut into 1 1/2' squares and transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 deg toaster oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till slightly golden. Set aside to let cool completely before serving. Store cooled crackers in an airtight container for up to a week.