Sometimes you feel like you don't want to eat a bowl of salad, but there is an easier way to get those salad greens in ;-). Just blend them up in a smoothie. Here is one for those days. It has loads of spinach, good fat from almonds and protein from hemp hearts. It is sweetened just a little bit with the berries and the dates.
- Organic spinach - 1/2 pound
- Mixed frozen berries - 2 big handfuls
- Kumato - 2
- Raw almonds (soaked overnight) - 1/2 cup
- Dates (soaked overnight) - 6
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) - 2-3 Tbs
- Raw hemp hearts - 3 Tbs
- Shredded coconut - 3-4 Tbs (optional)
- Add all smoothie ingredients along with 1 cup of filtered water and purée till nice and creamy.
- Add the toppings and serve.
- Servings: 3 medium or 2 large smoothies.