What I have made here is a quick snack made with ripe plantains. This can be served as is for a quick energizing snack, or along with some scrambled eggs or cooked beans for a wholesome breakfast, or serve with a hearty salad for lunch or dinner. I would not serve rice or other grains along with this since plantains are already your source of carb for the meal and you don't need more of that :). If you love plantains you will love this one, if you don't, then this will make you hooked on to it...
- Ripe plantains - 2
- Virgin coconut oil - 2 Tbs
- Red onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Red chilly - 3-4 (coarsely crushed)
- Sea salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Peel and slice the plantains into 1/4th inch slices.
- Heat 1/2 of the coconut oil on medium heat in a cast iron or non stick pan.
- Add chopped onions and saute till they slightly pink. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pan add remaining coconut oil and heat in medium heat. Add plantain slices and cook for a minute or so. Flip each slice carefully and cook on the other side also for a minute or till slightly golden.
- Add turmeric, salt and red chilly flakes and stir to coat the slices well. Add the sautéed onion and mix.
- Serve warm, enjoy !!