If I was living in Hawaii, what would I be eating for breakfast every day... hmmm..I love tropical fruits, so I will have as much of them as possible. How about a fruit salad using almond chia pudding with an array of tropical fruits like pineapples, mangoes and bananas .. yummm absolute bliss !!! This is a new family favorite here in New England. Hope you all enjoy it too :-) It is mildly sweet with natural sweetness from the fruits and from the coconut water. You get a nice bite and crunch from the toasted ginger and coconut. Above all, with the chia seeds, almonds and coconut water, you get energy for the whole day, which is very essential from the breakfast.
- Chia seeds - 6 Tbs
- Coconut water - 2 cups
- Almonds - a big handful
- Pineapple - 1/2 of a medium fruit
- Mango - 1
- Banana - 2-3
- Shredded coconut - 1/4 cup
- Chopped ginger - 1 Tbs
- Blend almonds and coconut water till puréed well.
- Add chia seeds, mix well and keep aside on the counter top overnight or for a few hours.
- When ready to make the salad, chop all the fruits and add to the chia mix (chia pudding)
- Toast shredded and chopped ginger on medium heat till slightly red.
- Serve the fruit salad topped with the toasted coconut/ginger.
Plant based pot luck party@UrbanNaturale