Now, if you have to make your 'creamy' ice cream ahead of time and keep it frozen and still retain the 'creaminess' so that you can enjoy it, you definitely need a better plan. So I finally decided to buy an ice cream maker. The $50 price tag for the Cuisinart ice cream maker was just equivalent to buying a good brand of ice cream a few times. Easy to store, easy to clean and easy to use. The first ice cream I made in my machine is an all time family favorite - mango coconut milk ice cream. The taste was nothing new, since we have enjoyed it a lot during mango seasons in the past, the star was the the texture this time. We have reinvented our family favorite ice cream with the new ice cream machine - and this is one ice-cream we cannot have enough of no matter how many times we keep making it !!!
- Thick coconut milk * - 1 1/2 cup
- Fresh mango (well ripened) - 2 cups (peeled and diced into cubes)
- Raw unpasteurized honey - 5-6 Tbs
- Make sure to keep your ice cream maker bowl in the freezer for at least 6 -8 hours.
- Make about 5 cups of coconut milk (recipe here) and keep it refrigerated for a few hours so that thick coconut milk (cream) separates on top. Separate it little by little carefully with a spoon. You will get about a 1 1/2 cups of thick coconut milk.
- Add mango cubes and honey to a blender and puree well. Transfer to a bowl, add the thick coconut milk and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated for 2-3 hours or till chilled well.
- Add the chilled mango-coconut milk mixture to ice cream maker bowl and run it for 25-30 minutes or till desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately for a soft serve or keep frozen for a couple of hours for a 'scoop-able' consistency.
- This can be stored in freezer in freezer proof containers for a few days.
- Enjoy !!
Plant based pot luck party @UrbanNaturale