In my last post, I talked about raw ash gourd (kumbalanga/wax gourd/winter melon) being 96% water. That makes it an apt vegetable to juice. I have been trying all different combinations of juice with ash gourd in the mix, but here is the one which is a keeper. Ash gourd juice sweetened slightly with apple and refreshingly flavored with fresh mint.
- Ash Gourd - 2 cups (cubes)
- Apple - 1 or 1/2 (for sweetening)
- Mint - 3-4 stems
- Lemon -1
- Himalayan pink salt - a pinch
- Peel and cube ash gourd.
- Peel lemon and cut into quarters.
- Cut apple into cubes.
- Juice everything using a juicer. Serve with a pinch of himalyan salt.
- If using a blender, blend everything except lemon. Strain, add squeezed lemon juice and serve with a pinch of himalyan salt.
- This makes about 3 cups of juice.
- Enjoy !!