We love to snack on nuts, usually it is almonds or cashews. Sometimes you feel like having something savory, so why not savory nuts. These slow roasted spicy almonds which will come in handy when you want to reach for a healthy mid-day snack. Also pack this when you want to gift someone with little bag of homemade goodies. For variation, try other kinds of nuts, vary the spices, be creative..:)
- Almonds - 3 cups
- Organic free range egg - 1
- Red chilly powder - 2 tsp (adjust according to spice level)
- Coconut palm sugar - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Herbs - 2 Tbs (I used oregano)
- Garlic minced - 1 tsp (optional)
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Nutritional yeast - 2 Tbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Separate egg white and yolk. Save the yolk for future use.
- Beat the egg white lightly. Add all the spices and salt, whisk well.
- Add the almonds and stir well to coat. Add nutritional yeast (if you have it) at this point. Toss lightly to coat evenly.
- Spread in a baking sheet without much overlapping.
- Bake for about an hour or till crisp.
- Cool completely and store in air tight container.