I woke up to the chirping of birds this morning, a good indication that spring is finally here. It is the time to start moving, go out and get some fresh air, and of course start eating some fresh spring salads. Here is a simple fruity salad with creamy tahini dressing that will make a great lunch or dinner.
- Mango - 1
- Strawberries - 1 cup
- Baby Greens - 2 cups
- Dried figs - 4-5 - chopped
- Onion - 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbs
- EV Olive oil - 1 Tbs
- In a salad bowl, toss chopped onion with apple cider vinegar, olive oil and chopped figs. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add the baby greens, chopped mango and strawberry. Turn a few times to mix evenly.
- Serve with dressing.
- This serves 2. Enjoy!
- Homemade Tahini - 2 Tbs (recipe here)
- Coconut water - 3 Tbs (or use just filtered water) *
- Grated fresh ginger root - 2 Tbs (or use ginger powder - 1 tsp)
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbs
- EV olive oil - 1 Tbs
- Himalayan pink salt - as per taste
- Black pepper - as per taste (or use grated green chilly)
- Whisk everything well.
- Serve with your favorite salad.
- I used coconut water to balance the strong flavor of tahini, if you can handle it, just filtered water is good enough.