Why a salad dressing? According to nutritionists and food scientists, eating a salad without fat is actually less healthy. (read more here and here). The reason is that fat is needed by our bodies to absorb the nutrients in vegetables. So why homemade? Simple, because not all fats are same, and not all salad dressings are the same (read an interesting article on this topic here). So it is important that you choose good fats and other clean ingredients to make your own salad dressing.
- Organic chia seeds - 2 Tbs.
- Yellow mustard seeds - 2 tsp.(if using black mustard, use only 1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Unpasteurized Apple cider vinegar - 3 Tbs
- Local unfiltered honey - 2 Tbs
- Sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- Filtered water - 1 cup
- EV Olive oil - 3 Tbs.
- Blend everything except olive oil in Vitamix at high speed for about a minute or till you get a creamy dressing. Add olive oil an whip for a few seconds.
- Transfer to a glass bottle and keep refrigerated up to a week.
- This serves 3 to 4. Enjoy with you favorite salad !
Recipe source: Eat The Rainbow