Apple-Pie Chia-Pudding does sound like a dessert right? I am talking about an awesome breakfast idea though. If you are using wholesome and clean ingredients, you don't really need to worry about eating dessert for breakfast anyway :). The best part is that you can put this together the night before, and you have a high energy, wholesome and satisfying breakfast to start your busy day. Made with wholesome and organic ingredients, and sweetened with only dates and an optional dose of raw honey. No refined or processed ingredients are used and it is gluten free, dairy free, raw, vegan-friendly and quick'n'healthy:).
- Apples - 3
- Dates - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 Tbs (optional)
- Fresh ginger - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom - 1 skin removed
- Himalayan pink salt - a pinch
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbs
- Chia seeds - 6 Tbs
- Homemade almond milk - 2 cups
- Soak chia seeds in almond milk overnight
- To make 'apple pie':
- Roughly chop one apple. Add to a blender jar along with dates & spices and blend to make sort of an apple sauce.
- Chop remaining apples fine, toss with lemon juice. Mix with the 'apple sauce' and honey (if using). Leave this mixture on your counter-top overnight.
- When ready to serve, divide chia pudding into serving bowls and serve topped with 'apple pie' on top.
- This makes 2 to 3 servings. Enjoy!!