Here is a spicy and flavorful Asian inspired noodles recipe. You can make this with any good quality noodles, soba, udon, rice noodles or even your spirooli cut veggie noodles. Though this is best served warm, it can be served at room temperature too, and hence can be great for pot-lucks. Add your choice of vegetables to good measure. As always, use clean and organic ingredients as much as possible.
- Organic Soba Noodles - 1 packet (I buy this brand - Hakubaku or KOYO)
- Homemade almond butter - 3 Tbs
- Homemade Sriracha sauce - 2 Tbs (more or less as per preference)
- Bell pepper (yellow/orange/red) - 1
- Carrot - 1 medium
- Fresh ginger root - 1 inch
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 Tbs
- Sesame seeds - 1 Tbs
- Sea salt - as per taste
- Red chilly powder - optional (if you need extra heat)
- Cook Noodles as per package instructions, rinse in cold water and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, slice the bell pepper, carrots, ginger and garlic into matchstick slices.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan, add sesame seeds. Once they start popping, add ginger/garlic slices and saute for a minute.
- Add veggies and saute till cooked enough and soft, for about 5 minutes.
- Add almond butter and Sriracha and mix well over low medium heat taking care not to burn the sauce. Adjust the taste, add salt and optional chilly powder as needed.
- Add the noodles and toss carefully without breaking or mashing the noodles. Coat the noodles evenly with the veggies and sauce.
- Keep aside for 20-30 minutes before serving for better flavor.
- Serves 3 to 4. Enjoy!!