It has been such a long time I have posted a recipe, a combination of factors - getting settled to my new home/kitchen, a lil hectic time at work, some travel, friends/family visiting, and a bit of more things at home. That does not mean I have not been cooking much, the kitchen experiments have continued, just did not get a chance to post anything. So hopefully that will change soon.
So here is a new recipe that we have loved and hence made quite a few times as part of reducing carbs, gluten and grains. This is a tortilla made with just plantains. So easy to make, almost as easy as unpacking and warming a pack of store bought tortillas, yet so much better in taste, texture and of course infinitely healthier .
- Medium plantain - 2
- Avocado oil - 3-4 Tbs
- Sea salt- 1/2 tsp
- Filtered water - 3-4 Tbs
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the skin off the plantains and dice into cubes.
- Add to a blender jar with remaining ingredients and purée till smooth.
- Take 1/4 cup of batter and spread on the parchment paper to 4-5 inch diameter circles. This makes about 5-6.
- Bake for 10 minutes, check and bake for 5-10 minutes more.
- Use just like tortillas. Enjoy!!
Recipe adapted from here: