Here's another baked savory snack which is vegetarian, gluten-free and sugar-free. This is adapted from a Forks Over Knives recipe, with some quicknhealthy changes :-). This recipe needs to be served immediately and hence not ideal for a pot luck or for making ahead. I still need to figure out how to break down the prep/cooking process so that we can make this ahead of time. As soon as I figure it out, I will update it here. If anyone has suggestions, please comment below. Having said that, I suggest you have this fresh and it is just awesome.
- Large head of cauliflower - 1
- Rice flour - 2/3rd cup (white or brown works fine)
- Almond powder - 2 Tbsp
- Tomato - 1 small
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Paprika - 2 tsp
- Homemade Sriracha/ hot sauce - 1/3rd cup
- Preheat oven to 450 deg F
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper
- Blend rice flour, almond powder, tomato, garlic and paprika with 2/3rd cup of water into a thick smooth paste
- Cut cauliflower into 2-inch florets.Toss them with the paste to coat evenly.
- Arrange in baking trays.
- Bake at 450 oven for 25 minutes
- Take out and keep for 3 more minutes before adding the Sriracha or hot sauce.
- Add sriracha and toss to coat evenly. (if you are not serving immediately, hold off on tossing with the sauce till you are ready to serve)
- Serve with your favorite dip.
- Makes 6-8 servings. Enjoy!
Homemade Sriracha Sauce:
- Red chilly powder -1 Tbs.
- Paprika -1 Tbs.
- Garlic clove - 2 (finely grated)
- Apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbs
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 4 Tbs
- Cold pressed sesame oil - 2 Tbs
- Sea salt - 1 tsp
- Whisk everything together in a small bowl (or if you are making a bigger batch you can use a blender)
- This makes about 1/2 cup of sauce.
Spinach Yogurt dip:
- Yogurt-1/2 cup
- Almond powder - 1/2 cup
- Garlic - 1-2 cloves
- Spinach- 2 handfuls
- Green chilly - 1-2
- Sea salt - as per taste
- Process everything in food processor to make a coarse textured dip.
Recipe adapted from here.