I am generally not someone who use any kind of cosmetics, including makeup, beauty products, hair dye or any such products. There are certain things that I have to use though to help the body when nature and other external factors overwhelm the body and it needs some help. Most of the bath and body products have endless lists of ingredients (mostly chemicals) out of which you will not even be able to understand half of them. Many are definitely not good for you, while some are harmful instead of being useful. I try to use natural and organic products as much as practical. I have also ventured into making my own when it is practical. My readers and friends might be familiar with the body butter that I have been making for a quite some time now. This time, I wanted to try making a hand scrub and a lip balm, both made with just a few organic ingredients. They also make good gifts or party favors. The best part is your body would thank you for using it 😊
Quicknhealthy Peppermint Hand-scrub
- Coconut Oil - 1/4 cup
- Cane sugar - 1/2 cup
- Peppermint essential oil - 15-20 drops *
- Melt coconut oil over a bowl of warm water.
- Add the sugar and peppermint oil and mix well.
- Add to a container and keep it near your kitchen sink or in the bathroom.
- Use a little bit after dish-washing, laundry, cleaning or just when you need a little bit of pampering :-)
Quicknhealthy Peppermint Lip-balm
- Bees wax - 1 Tbs
- Coconut oil - 1 Tbs
- Shea butter - 1 Tbs
- Peppermint flavor- few drops **
- Melt bees wax, shea butter and coconut oil over a bowl of warm water.
- Once everything is melted, add peppermint oil.
- While it is still liquid, add to lip balm containers or tubes.
- Let it solidify in about 10-20 minutes. ***
- This makes about 7-8 lip balm tubes.****
* For the hand-scrub, I used peppermint essential oil meant for topical use.
** For the lip balm, I used simply organic peppermint flavor, if you are using pure peppermint oil, be mindful to read instructions on how to use and how much to use.
*** In warm weather it might take longer to solidify, keep the tubes upright till it is completely solidified.
**** I buy lip balm containers here: