We have been trying to include a lot of raagi (finger millet) into our diet these days as I have started spotting organic raagi flour in my grocery store shelves. Raagi is high in calcium (way more than other grains), and high in fiber, iron and many other minerals compared to whole grain rice and wheat. Raagi is also valuable as it contains the amino acid methionine (a very critical amino acid for the human body) which is lacking in our regular diet. I have tried a lot of Karnataka recipes like raagi mudde and raagi rotis which are all quite labor intensive 😉. This one on the contrary is a quick'n'healthy breakfast idea.
- Raagi flour - 1/4 cup
- Organic grass-fed milk - 1/2 cup
- Organic free-range eggs - 2
- Himalayan salt - as per taste
- Beat the eggs lightly, add the milk and raagi flour and mix well without any lumps. Add salt and mix well.
- Heat a cast iron griddle on medium heat. Pour about 1/3rd cup of batter, tilt the pan around the spread the batter.
- Cook covered for about 30 seconds. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Serve with your choice of savory or sweet filling.
- Suggestions: Homemade nutella, Avocado dill cream, green mango guacamole
- This makes about 3-4 crepes.